Last week’s goals:
LOL. No, really. Where was my head when I set goals last week? This week was vacation? I should not have wanted to set huge, unreasonable goals that weren’t going to give me the chance to recharge. Also, when I set goals I also need to make plans for them. I did not do that when I set these goals, so no shocker here that I didn’t hit most of them.
I’m reading over this list and asking myself, What in the world was I thinking?
Finish The Longest Ride (start: pg 151)
When I set this goal, I thought there were 300 pages in the book, which would have been great, since that meant I’d only have to read 150 pages, a slight push over my usual 100. Well, there are 400 pages in the book, so I would have had to up from 15 pages/day to 35 pages/day. Once I realized that I was totally unmotivated to read. I ended up reading only 106 pages, which is still something.
13, & 14 of Smartly MBA
The only thing I did was my regular material, so I did not catch up on Week 7 or move forward on Week 17. This week, I need to do ~40 lessons, which is a lot, so it’s time to be #focused!
Week 2 of Rails 5 OM Course (Sign up to learn how to code with One Month here)
As of the moment I’m typing this (4 PM on Sunday), I’m not done, but as soon as I’m done writing this and my newsletter, I am planning on finishing.
Editor’s Note: I submitted this assignment at 8 PM and have updated this to reflect its completion.
Redo Burke Does About Page (Scope of work outlined in more detail.)
Make a plan for completing the remaining pages on Portfolio Site
Get Inbox Zero
Yes! Inbox Zero is a tricky thing, but at one point this week, I was down to zero, so I’m going to call it a win. I’m now at 11, which is certainly a manageable amount.
I’ve been struggling to understand what Bitcoin and Blockchain actually is for some time now. I mean, I know that bitcoin is a digital currency, but the specifics of it have always been confusing to me. When OM released this course for free, I knew I had to sign up right away, so I did! It took me finding some time in my schedule (I think I signed up for this three or four week ago), but I’m so glad I did! Very helpful!
Make a plan for watching and reviewing the FinCon presentations
This week’s goals:
- Read 100 pages of The Longest Ride (start: pg 257)
- Week 14 of Smartly MBA
- Week 3 of Rails 5 OM Course (Sign up to learn how to code with One Month here)
- Make a plan for watching and reviewing the FinCon presentations – Tuesday
- Redo Burke Does About Page (Scope of work outlined in more detail.) – Wednesday
- Pitch 10 shops on SoFab – Tuesday & Friday
- Finish listening to MSWS interviews
- Intro to WordPress
- LaTeX Workshop
- First $500 Course
- Serious Social Workshop and Workbook
- Make a plan for completing the remaining pages on Portfolio Site
- Week 7 Smartly
- How to Master Tailwind Course (Simple Pin Media)
- Guide to Self-Employed Tax Deductions Course (Careful Cents)
- By Regina’s Blog Business Plan (Follow along here)
- SEO Summer School
- Paradise Pack