I’m an aggressively Type A 24-year-old living in Savannah, GA. I graduated from Princeton University in June 2015 and completed my MBA program in December 2016. I work remotely for a productivity-focused startup. I am currently…
Reading // I don’t usually read multiple books at a time, but I happen to be right now. I’m reading:
- The Year of Less by Cait Flanders
- Business Boutique with Stephanie Martian
- Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson
Watching alone // Grey’s Anatomy, Season 6 (Netflix)
Assault Bike Show // —
Watching with Casey // —
Stitching // Baltimore Ornament — no progress
April Goals (Set on She Does Better)
- Read 3 books ✅ I’ve already finished 1️⃣ This Will Be My Undoing by Morgan Jerkins, 2️⃣ Meet the Frugalwoods by Elizabeth Thames, and 3️⃣ The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger.
- Workout 24 times. 9️⃣ workouts in!
- Get a big chunk of change in the wedding fund. 💰 So far, so good.
- Finish the Rebrand. ✅⭐✅ Go check out 👉 She Does Better!!!!!
- Work on my Nanodegree. 😔 No progress.
- Make progress on Memoir Class. 👍 working on it
- Re-start wedding planning. 👍 New date is booked. Saved the dates gotten. I hope to send them out next week or maybe the week after. I’m trying to coordinate with the rest of the vendors.
- Organize House, Part 1. 👍 This goal is outlined into three parts for the three weekends I’m home this month. I’ve already done the Master Bedroom Closet and both bathrooms!
April Weekly Goals
- Read 150 Pages. ✅
- Take myself to dinner. ❌ I am doing a no spend week this week!
- Check in with Stephanie on our BB Progress. ✅
- Weekly goal setting posts on MyToDoLists.com. ✅
- Write 1 blog post. 👉 Introducing She Does Better
- Make progress on Memoir Class. ✅
- Work on my Nanodegree. 😔
April Daily Goals
- Workout. 👍 9/15 so far with 4 days on the road, so not bad!
- Read. ✅
- Listen to audible. 👍 not daily, but solidly
- Udacity. 👎
- Go to coworking space. 👎 I’ve only been once this month
- Did not set goals
Must Get Done This Week
- I’m 35 hours behind in my Udacity course, not to mention the 25 hours I need to get done this week, so I really need to do at least 30 hours this week!! I also think I might benefit to have a visual of this obligation to hang somewhere in my office.
- No spend week!
- Wedding: “Finalize” photographer, videographer, timeline, and church.
- House Cleaning: Fridge & Freeze, Pantry, Kitchen Cabinets
- Weekly goals
Roses: What was the highlight of the week?
I spent last weekend celebrating my baby sister’s birthday and it was great. But that was last week. Last night, I watched Black Panther in theater. It was a great movie!
Thorns: What went wrong during the week?
Friday morning was a rough day. I was in a funk most of the morning for no particular reason. I think I need to be a little bit more diligent about getting to my coworking space during the week.
Buds: What are you looking forward to next week?
I’m tentatively planning on going to my coworking space MTWF this week, which would be a new experience for me. I’m kicking off a couple of really cool new professional projects (though the fact that I won’t get paid for them until May is a little bit of a stab). Not that it’s a something to look forward to, but I have two more dental appointments to be done with all the work my mouth needs and I’m so excited for it to be done.