I’m an aggressively Type A 24-year-old living just outside of Fort Bragg, NC. I graduated from Princeton University in June 2015 and completed my MBA program in December 2016. I work remotely for a productivity-focused startup. I am currently…
Reading // I don’t usually read multiple books at a time, but I happen to be right now. I’m reading:
- Get Money by Kristin Wong (early copy for review)
- Black Hearts by Jim Frederick
- Business Boutique with Stephanie Martian
- Fire and Fury by Michael Wolff
Watching alone // Ozarks, Season 1 (Netflix)
Assault Bike Show // —
Watching with Casey // Game of Thrones, Season 5 (HBO)
Stitching // Baltimore Ornament
January Goals (Set on Burke Does)
- Dress up and go out date night ✅
- Read 3 books ✅
- 1️⃣ Crossing the Chasm ✅
- 2️⃣ The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown ✅
- 3️⃣ Born a Crime by Trevor Noah ✅
- 4️⃣ 168 Hours by Laura Vanderkam ⭐
- Make solid progress on my Udacity Course.
- Coursework ✅
- Project 3
- Project 4
- Setup my new ESP ✅ with its welcome funnel
- Plan, categorize, and prioritize content for the audit
- Update Top 6 Posts from 2017
- Get contracts sorted out with help from CAI
January Weekly Goals
- Dress up at-home date night or self-indulgence night ✅ Yes, I went for solo sushi last night.
- Read 150 Pages ✅ I absolutely crushed reading this week!
- Wedding Planning Progress ✅ I finished our wedding website and day-of timeline. I need to finalize the Save the Dates and get those out!
- Business Boutique ✅ We’re both on track
January Daily Goals
- Go to the gym. Monday through Saturday. 30 minutes on the Assault Bike on Sundays. ❌ I did not go to the gym on Monday, but I rode the assault bike. I did not go on Saturday.
- 20 minutes of stitching. Needlework is good for the brain. 🆗 I did okay at this. I didn’t do it every day, but I spent a lot of time reading.
- Code 1 hour. Every morning. 🆗
- Write 700 Words. On my Freewrite. Every morning! ❌ I was really focused on coding and didn’t get much writing done at all.
- Udacity: Finish Coursework ✅ Yes! That is, though, all I got done
- Udacity: Finish Project 3 ❌ I didn’t even start!
- Welcome Funnel ❌ I finished the five day “how to budget” course, but not the welcome funnel.
- Update 2 posts ❌
Must Get Done This Week
- Udacity: Finish Project 3.
- Write 2 new blog posts.
- Welcome Funnel.
- Update 2 posts.
Roses: What was the highlight of the week?
While this was definitely not my best week, it was FULL of cooking. This week I made two different kinds of bread: an italian seasonings loaf and a loaf with rosemary, minced onion, and cheese mixed into the batter. I made a cheese dip recipe for a sponsored post I’m working on. I made lots of spinach salads (which were a total staple in my diet when I lived alone) and took advantage of my Instant Pot tons!
Thorns: What went wrong during the week?
I could not recharge this week. I could. not. I tried. I really did. I deleted all the apps from my phone. I didn’t watch TV. I stayed away from the computer when I wasn’t working. I took baths. I painted my nails. All of it. I just could not recharge at all! I already feel better this morning than I did at any point last week.
Buds: What are you looking forward to next week?
This week we’re supposed to get our big PCS news which is super exciting and will hopefully make me feel like I can start to plan things again. C comes home next weekend and I can’t wait! I’ve got a big client project to finish off in the next two days and kick off another one later in the week. It should be good!