I’m an aggressively Type A 24-year-old living just outside of Fort Bragg, NC. I graduated from Princeton University in June 2015 and completed my MBA program in December 2016. I work remotely for a productivity-focused startup. I am currently…
Reading // I don’t usually read multiple books at a time, but I happen to be right now. I’m reading:
- Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Black Hearts by Jim Frederick
- Business Boutique with Stephanie Martian
- Fire and Fury by Michael Wolff
Watching alone // Ozarks, Season 1 (Netflix)– not really watching anything here
Assault Bike Show // —
Watching with Casey // Game of Thrones, Season 5 (HBO)
Stitching // Baltimore Ornament
February Goals (Set on Burke Does)
- Read 3 books: 1️⃣ Get Money by Kristin Wong
- Have one date night out ✅ and one budgeting date.
- Finish writing evergreen content for February and March
- Finish getting contracts sorted out with help from CAI
- Finish final project for Udacity course and sign up for Term 2
- Finish launching new brand
- Add Welcome Funnel to new opt-ins in ESP
- Update Top 6 Posts from 2017 with new graphics, opt-ins, and zhushed content
February Weekly Goals
- Dress up at-home date night 🆗
- Read 150 Pages 🆗
- Wedding Planning Progress. This month I need to: send the save the dates ✅, finish our registry at BB&B, schedule our preCANA, make a beauty plan, figure out the veil situation, book the florist, and finalize the bridesmaids dresses✅.
- Check in with Stephanie on our BB Progress 🆗
- Weekly goal setting posts on MyToDoLists.com 🆗
February Daily Goals
- Go to the gym. Monday through Saturday. 30 minutes on the Assault Bike on Sundays.
- 20 minutes of stitching. Needlework is good for the brain.
- Write 700 Words. On my Freewrite. Every morning!!
- Track my reading.
- Udacity: Finish Project 3. 🆗 I submitted the first draft and got feedback, but I need to finish.
- Write 2 new blog posts. ❌ I’m the worst.
Must Get Done This Week
- Udacity: Finish Project 3
- Write 2 new blog posts
Roses: What was the highlight of the week?
I got to go to my first technical conference in PyTN! That was so excited, especially because I got to hack away at some cool data science projects. I also got to work on a chatbot and kinda make an OS contribution, kinda. This was a great week.
Thorns: What went wrong during the week?
I had a bit of an epiphany this week that I’m still too scattered. I need to focus more. The problem is that when I have the time to make progress on goals, I’m still faced with making the decision about what to work on. In that case, I need to just focus on one and there needs to be a clear prioritization. Right now, I NEED to finish my Udacity projects since those have a cut off deadline of Feb 20. That’s what I need to focus on.
Buds: What are you looking forward to next week?
I’m looking forward to finishing this Udacity course! I submitted the final project, got feedback, and need to incorporate feedback. We should have a special Valentine’s Day dinner. Otherwise, I’m hoping it’s just a quiet week!